1. Can I use my own design?
Yes. Bring us your idea or design and we can make it . Otherwise we can work together to design your unique wrought iron design.
2. What if I do not have a design in mind?
We offer photos you can look at of our previous work and give you a sketch or drawing at time of quotation.
3. Do you have any design or production restrictions?
Not that we’ve found so far! With 25+ years of experience, dwi can fabricate most designs. If you can imagine it, we can make it for you!
4. How do I request a price quotation from you?
Use the request form in the Contact Us or call us at 03 9791 3456.
5. What information do you need to estimate my project?
The more information you can offer the better it is . .
Please be prepared to provide the following information (or as much as possible) to us via mail, email, or in person:
• Contact information
• Job site address if different
• plans and specifications
• Any site measurements and photos
• Time frame
• Any other sketches, designs, photos, or magazine clippings which may help us understand what your after
6. Is there a charge for estimating?
No. We provide an obligation-free quote and sketch of your design to show you what the finished product will look like. However, we will not give out, fax or e-mail the design until a contract is signed. This is for our mutual protection. It keeps your design exclusive to you and stops others from stealing/copying our designs.
7. Do you only work for builders or private customers?
We will work for both, We also work for private costumers, residential & commercial builders ,landscapers just about anyone.
8. What are your products made of?
Our products are produced from either mild steel or galvanized steel.(galtube) .
9. What option are there on rust prevention?
Galvanized metal (ie galtube ) provides the steel with a covering of zinc before welding to prevent rust but after welding, it may rust on welds.Or there is hot dipped galvanizing which is recommend for outdoor products it has a far less chance of rusting is used around all seaside residences.
10. What kind of finishes are there ?
Typically we do a high quality powder coat finish. Powder coat is very durable and comes in a wide variety of colors and textures.We can supply in undercoat and you can paint it yourself .
11. What is the difference between powder coating and painting?
Powder coating is a fine-ground polyester powder applied to galvanized metal utilizing sophisticated electronic equipment and heated to a high temperature. It is much stronger than paint. .
12. What is your normal lead time?
We can turn most projects around in 4-5 weeks after client approval and site measure. However, actual jobs may vary, depending on the size and complexity of the project and the volume of work in our queue.
13. Do you supply and install ?
We can either supply it to you and you can fit yourself or we will fit it with dwi employees. All fabrication and installation is in house . Using our own crews allows us to maintain a high level of quality control and customer service.
14. Do you have any D.I.Y. products available?
Yes . We can help you with our wrought iron products or put you on to someone.
1. Can I use my own design?